Rota holds leadership course

TRIBUNE NEWS NETWORK

DOHA AS MANY as 90 Qatari youngsters took part in a leadership training course held by the Reach Out to Asia (Rota).

The recent four-day event, which was held in partnership with Msheireb Properties, provided Rota Youth Service Club (RYSC) members with a programme designed to develop leadership skills, teamwork, project management and advocacy skills. The RYSC members are usually aged between 14 and 24 years.

The main objective of the course was to encourage the participants to run community projects which will contribute to the Qatar National Vision 2030.

Ragab al Metwaa, a student at Qatar Leadership Academy, said, “Before taking part in the leadership training programme, I had little information about helping my community. Then, after attending the programme, I feel much more empowered and can understand the community better. I learnt about Qatar’s development after visiting Msheireb Enrichment Centre. I’m inspired and hope to play a part in the country’s future.”

The participants, who now possess the skills to run their own RYSC activities, are set to establish their own clubs.

Maha al Shebani, a student at Rabeaa Al Adwiya Independent School, said, “With the skills set, I learnt during the leadership training course, I am confident to make a difference in my community.”

Related Posts

Post a Comment

Subscribe Our Newsletter