SUDANESE PAINTER AWAD RELIVES CHILDHOOD ON CANVAS

CATHERINE W GICHUKI

DOHA for most childhood memories are hard to forget, but for a few, they are sources of creative inspiration.

Sudanese artist who belongs to the second group nourelhadi Elkhidir Awad.

Awad who for 15 years has lived in Qatar says he now there back to his life as a child in Sudan for images and inspiration to support his work as a painter of both realistic and abstract topics, including everything from landscape and seascape to people and portraits, as well as caricatures and cartoons. "I'm inspired by my childhood. My paintings are based on memories of my early life, "he told Qatar Tribune recently.

He demonstrated his unique work on the third annual group exhibition of the Doha international artists who recently entered the Qatar Foundation Recreation Center closed. Are three beautiful pieces were among the works that stole the show at the event titled ' between cultures '.

One of the paintings shows a representation of life on the island where Awad was born. "My village inspired me to work on this painting.

I was born on Karni Island in North of Sudan. The surroundings were non-contaminated and the vegetation harbored animals in their natural habitat. That's the environment that this work has motivated, "he said referring to the 132 cm by 98 cm painting.

Another piece shows a five-eyed woman who a wingless bird sat on her head. "The painting is an illustration of a story I of my grandmother about a homesick wife waiting for her brother heard. The woman was in dire need to see of her brother, but she couldn't. The five eyes show a lack of balance in her life and the wingless bird illustrates her inability to travel, "he said.

A third painting features people who work together in a group. "In the early days, people worked together and they loved each other but not more," said Awad.

In still another piece, Awad nude street children begging, and a rich woman. "I wanted to show that if you have money you have power."But when you're bad, you're powerless, "he said pointing out that this was one of his first works he exhibited in Sudan, which was done way back in 1989.

Colors as a decisive element of his work regards Awad.

"Color is the signature of my work. Bright colors like red, yellow and green, in addition to others use I sometimes use of black. This is because there are different colors around. I also use squares and spaces, "he said.

Asked how he became a painter, he said that all in love with painting since childhood, he got into it full time after losing his job here about five years ago. "Even as a child in elementary school I drew pictures of my teachers. The best football team in my neighborhood called ' Mareg ' was also the subject of my sketching skills back then, "he said.

Awad also has his work in various other group and solo exhibitions including the held at the French Cultural Center in Doha Qatar and Sudan and Arts Society display. Awad keeps a marker pen handy wherever he goes. He is beginning to show signs when inactive and in an instant a sketch is made. "My painting is my life. I can't live without drawing, "he said.

However, if he is using acrylic, it may take him a day to complete a painting medium. But it's time well spent. Not only does it get him him satisfaction, but also well paid. His works sell for anything between QR4, 000 and QR12, 000.

"Be free in your feelings.

You should have a passion for art. " That's the advice, Awad former teacher with a Masters in educational technology and a Bachelor's degree in the fine and applied arts, has for aspiring painters.

Related Posts

1 comment

  1. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

    BORROWERS APPLICATION DETAILS


    1. Name Of Applicant in Full:……..
    2. Telephone Numbers:……….
    3. Address and Location:…….
    4. Amount in request………..
    5. Repayment Period:………..
    6. Purpose Of Loan………….
    7. country…………………
    8. phone…………………..
    9. occupation………………
    10.age/sex…………………
    11.Monthly Income…………..
    12.Email……………..

    Regards.
    Managements
    Email Kindly Contact: urgentloan22@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Subscribe Our Newsletter